Think of a world where there is no sun. You may feel that it is not going to affect much; after all we have electricity to replace sunlight. But it is not as simple as it seems. Sunlight is very important for the very existence of the world. It has a direct relation with the flora and fauna. The plants exist due to the sun rays which help in the photosynthesis. The greenery in plants is because of the sunlight. Plants cannot exist without adequate sunlight. The animal kingdom also depends on sunlight for healthy living. Thus it is unavoidable even for the animal kingdom. The weather conditions of our planet also have great regard to the sun. The sun is considered to be the center of the solar system, which keeps the planets in position.
Sunlight is a great gift of nature. It is of great importance because it is the life giver in nature. Plants and animals derive energy from sunlight. People who are not exposed to sunlight suffer from infectious diseases, bone diseases and respiratory disorders. Exposure to sunlight improves overall health and gives power and strength to the body. Sunlight is a divine gift of nature bestowed freely on earth. It is an unavoidable ingredient for healthy living. It is a natural cure for some of the common diseases in the human body especially concerning the skin.
The whole human body derives energy from sunlight. Sunlight improves the overall health and gives power and strength to the body. It increases and maintains the proposition of calcium in the body. Sunlight helps in the development of size and strength of muscles. It also helps in the control of blood pressure, kidney problems, and skin pigmentation. Blisters get burst and wounds get healed easily by sunlight. Sunlight is beneficial for pregnant women also; if sun bath is taken regularly she would get relief from usual discomforts of pregnancy like nausea, over stimulation, backache, fatigue, etc.
How to take sun bath?
One should start taking the bath by exposing the body to sunlight for 5 to 10 minutes. Later on the period of exposure can be slowly increased. First you should expose the anterior part of the body and then posterior parts. After exposing your body to few minutes you can increase the period of exposure by gradually increasing it to about an hour. After a sun bath it is advised that we take a cold bath in water so as to energies ourselves.
The mild sun of the morning or at dusk would not create much problem for the body. It is always advisable that you take sunbath during these times. You should never get your body exposed to the mid day sun light as it would only bring harmful effects to your body. Once you feel any discomfort with your skin at the time of sun bath, you would have to stop it as it indicates that you are too much exposed to sun’s heat.
Rules for taking sunbath
Sun bath is ideal to the body either in the morning or in the evening.
Ten minutes to one hour can be spent for taking sun bath.
The eyes, head and the sex organs should be properly covered.
You should stop sunbath as soon as you get exhausted or when you feel a burning sensation in the body.
After the sun bath you should wash the body with wet cloth or a take cold water bath.
Benefits of Sun light
Sun light by nature has a mystical antifungal and antibacterial property. This helps in the protection n of skin against fungal diseases and bacteria. The sun mainly bestows three types of rays which are important to the human body.
1. Rays of visible light - The sunlight is made up of seven types of colors, as seen in the rainbow. These reflect on the objects to give color to them. These help us to identify the color of the object.
2. Infra-red rays - These rays give away heat which is most welcome during the winter season. Moreover, the warmth of these rays relaxes and soothes the muscles, helps in reducing swelling and relieving the pain.
3. Ultra-violet rays -Vitamin D is produced in the human body with the help of ultra-violet rays. Sunlight is known to have the best source of Vitamin D. Deficiency of Vitamin D in human body can cause a disease to the bones known as 'rickets'. Exposure to sunlight improves the health of our body and also enhances its resistive powers also. The skin pigmentation depends on the exposure of skin to sunlight.
Benefits of sun bath
1. Sunlight helps in the nourishment of the muscles and if we cover our skin our muscles would weaken. The cells in the skin lose its color and it begins to decay.
2. Sunlight helps in the speedy growth of hair, quick and deep breathing and proper formation of teeth.
3. Blood pressure is controlled and the kidneys can become more efficient due to exposure to sunlight.
4. By the action of the ultra violet rays in the sun rays, skin diseases are healed, blisters are burst and wounds are cured more speedily.
5. Sunlight maintains the amount of alkali content in our blood.
Sunless Tanning Vs Sun Bathing
Sunless tanning and sun bathing are not new topics especially when it comes to skin care. It is because of the harmful Ultra Violet rays which is harmful when exposed to skin. Thus the concepts of indoor tanning or using tanning lotions are considered as the safest alternative to sun baths which does not expose the skin to harmful UV rays. These are also referred to as ‘extender’ which gives the skin a tanned look. These are marketed in the form of lotions cream gels and sprays. The active ingredient in it is known as DHA or dihydroxyacetone that reacts with the dead skin cells to give it a dark look.