Research shows pomegranate or pomegranate juice offers significant potential benefits, some of the pomegranate health benefits are given below:
- It benefits people to maintain a youthful and glowing skin by keeping the blood platelets together, hence reducing the chances of aging in many people.
- Pomegranate antioxidant properties prevent bad cholesterol from forming which helps in keeping the arteries from blockage or clotting. Further, it supports in normal blood flow to the heart which reduces the risk of having heart disease, heart attacks and strokes.
- It supports the body's defense mechanism in the prevention of certain cancers. Due to its very high levels of antioxidant called flavenoids, it is considered to be effective in counteracting various cancer-causing radicals.
- Pomegranate helps by reducing the risks related to illnesses like atherosclerosis, osteoarthritis, and diabetes, that occur due to thickening and hardening of arterial walls and damage in cartilage and joints.
- Being rich in vitamins and folic acid, pomegranate juice and extract is believed to reduce the chances of having premature or low birth babies. In some women, it also help in overcoming the feeling of general malaise during menopause.
- Its antioxidant and iron properties support healthy blood flow in the body and prevent anemia symptoms like exhaustion, dizziness, weakness, and hair loss.
For pomegranates lovers:
Some of the more unusual claims of pomegranate health benefits include:
- Treatment for Menopause
- Treatment for Cancer
- Treatment for Menstruation
- Treatment as an Aphrodisiac
- Treatment for Fertility
Besides these health benefits, studies show that drinking 1.7 ounces of pomegranate juice daily helps reducing systolic blood pressure and also prevents dental plaque. Hence, pomegranate being a prefect source of proteins and minerals, is highly beneficial for children, adults, babies and even pregnant women. The aforementioned health benefits and low pomegranate calories make this nutritious fruit an excellent addition to our daily diet, especially for those who want to lose weight fast and stay healthy.
|Water||124.69 g||Calicum||5 mg|
|Carbohydrates||26.44 g||Magnesium||5 mg|
|Fiber||0.9 g||Phosphorus||12 mg|
|Sugar||25.52 g||Potassium||399 mg|
|Total Fat||0.46 g||Vitamin C||9.4 mg|
|Saturated Fat||0.059 g||Vitamin B6||0.162 mg|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.071 g||Vitamin A||166 IU|