A healthy soup, flavored with coriander. This is an interesting deviation from the regular clear vegetable soup. The coriander lends its own distinctive flavour and freshness.
|Good For||Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss,Gastrointestinal Health|
|Health Factor||Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, High Fiber, High Vitamins|
|Prep. Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
Ingredients (Makes 4 Serving)
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander (hara dhania) leaves, chopped - 2 tpsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Onion, chopped - 1 medium
- Spring onion bulb, chopped - 1 medium
- Ginger (adrak), chopped - 1 inch piece
- Garlic (lahsun), chopped - 5 cloves
- Gram flour (besan) - 1 tbsp
- Vegetable stock - 4.5 cups
- Cabbage (pata gobhi), chopped - 1/4 small
- Carrot, cubed - 1 medium
- Black pepper, crushed - 7-8
- Salt - to taste
- Reserve the stems of coriander leaves. Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion, spring onion bulb, ginger and garlic and sauté till translucent.
- Add gram flour and continue to sauté till you get a nice aroma.
- Add vegetable stock, coriander stems, cabbage and carrot cubes and bring to a boil.
- Add crushed peppercorns and continue to boil.
- Add half of the chopped coriander leaves and cook for five to ten minutes. Strain and keep aside cooked vegetables.
- Heat the strained soup. Add salt, lemon juice and bring to a boil again.
- Season with the remaining chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.