What’s cheaper than a spa, tastes good, doesn’t smell too bad and can rejuvenate your skin in less than 10 minutes? Fruits are natural and effective skin restoratives. The best thing you could ever do to keep looking good, is to understand the healing properties of fruits.
Most fruits are low in calories, sweet, and a good source of vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. Used as a face pack or mask, they hydrate your skin, smooth away wrinkles, lighten it, and even heal various skin conditions.
Banana mask:Bananas have lots of magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, iodine, and vitamins A, B, E, and F. Their anti-aging powers make them a great skin restorative for anyone over 35. If you make this banana mask at home, you could store it in the refrigerator for about 5 days and use it at least twice in a week.Mash a banana and add to it milk or cream, honey, and oat flour. Apply it to your face, arms, and neck, and rinse it off after ten minutes (longer, if you can stand the smell). If you have oily skin, add a few drops of lemon juice to the banana and milk mixture.
Mixed fruit pack I:The enzyme papain in papayas is a natural exfoliator and is especially good for those with damaged skin. Papaya juice can also lighten freckles and brown spots, and soften the skin.Don’t throw away the peel; it has antibacterial and wound healing abilities. Cucumbers act as a toner and strawberries condition and tone the skin.Blend strawberries, cucumber or papaya with a little yogurt and clay. Apply it to your face and leave it on for a while. This face mask moisturizes the skin, lightens it, and removes dead skin.
Mixed fruit pack II:The fruits in this pack are excellent for hydrating tanned and dry skin. It’ll also nourish and protect the delicate skin around the eyes. You could also add clay to the pack since it absorbs oil from oily skin.Apply a thin film of honey on your face and then apply a mixture of strawberries, pear, grapes, apples and oranges. Wash it off with warm water after 10-15 minutes.
Apricot mask:Apricots are best for extremely dry skin. The Vitamin A in the fruit rejuvenates the skin instantly, it smooths wrinkles and tightens the skin.The oils in the fruit and especially in the kernel, are utilized by the skin to make enriched sebum that protects your skin.Take two apricots and some yogurt; blend them and apply it to your face. Wash it off after 10 minutes.Add a tablespoon of honey to apricot pulp for an invigorating mask that clears the skin and moisturizes.
Orange and yogurt mask:Oranges aren’t just for eating. The Vitamin C in them also works wonders when applied to the skin. Sunburned or extremely dry skin will benefit from this face mask.Take orange pulp, or the rind and blend it with some yogurt. Apply it to the face and massage it in. Wash it off after 10 minutes with lukewarm water.
7 More Tips for Naturally Healthy Skin
- Aloe Vera gel: It soothes, moisturizes and protects the skin from extreme weather
- Tea tree oil: Its antiseptic and antifungal properties make it invaluable for those with sensitive acne-prone skin
- Rose hip oil: Revitalizes the skin, halts the formation of wrinkles, and nourishes the tender skin under your eyes
- Yogurt: A natural cleanser… and if you don’t happen to like its smell, use it in combination with fresh fruits. Wash it off with warm water and the skin will be soft for a long time
- Honey: Undoubtedly the best moisturizer. For oily skin, use it with egg white. And if you have dry skin, add it to milk or cream.
- Tomato: Lightens and softens the skin. Cut off a slice and apply it all over your face and neck.
- For Soft, Blemish-free Skin Forever… Add fruits to your diet to remove toxins from your body. Try it for 7 days by eliminating caffeine, alcohol, junk food and sweets from your diet and eating only fruits and vegetables. This will clear up your blood making your skin glow like a fresh peach.